“Educationist should built the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity,entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.”
– Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Government College Shahpur surrounded by various educational institutions, having clear view of mighty and snowy Dhauladhars, caters to the needs of more than fifeen hundred students. The notification of the government in 2006 vide no. EDN-A-Kha(16)-10/95-Part III loose, spread an educational wave which opened the doors of higher education to the deprived students. The college has its own commodious campus which was given to Central University and at present it is housed in the hostel and newly built Science Block and a Geography Lab. In this session 1611 students were enrolled in the college in Arts, Commerce and Science Streams, in which 1102 were girls and 509 boys. The institution is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University.
On March 5th & 6th of 2019, NAAC Peer Team visited the college campus and now college is included in the list of NAAC Accredited colleges from 28th March, 2019.
The mission and objective of the institution is to impart knowledge, nurture the students to face the global challenges, inspire the learners to pursue excellence and embrace diversity and inclusion. The focus of the college is to educate the students and encourage them to be creative and aware humans for an integrated and holistic personality. The college presently offers courses in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Medical & Non-Medical)
MEANINGFUL PREVIOUS SESSION 2019-20
1. Multifarious activities were organized in the college with the joint efforts of students and teachers.
2. 73 years of independence, Swachata Abhiyan, Drug Eradication, Teacher’s day, Hindi Diwas, and CSCA function was celebrated by holding various competitions.
3. The Red Ribbon Club of the college undertook various activities to create awareness amongst people regarding the deadly disease AIDS.
4. NSS unit of the college did a commendable job by holding ‘Swachta Abhiyan Fortnight’. During the seven day camp, in the college campus by NSS students and participated in Tree Plantation drive also.
5. The Rovers and Rangers unit of the college functions as per the guidelines of Bharat Scouts and Guides.
6. Spoken English Training Course was started.
7. The students showed immense interest in the Annual Athletic Meet of the college in which more than 400 students participated in more than fifteen events. 6 Teams participated in Inter-College Sports Competition.
8. Out of RUSA fund the following expenditures were made during the previous session.
- IT Lab was established.
- Up-gradation of geography Lab.
- Aluminum work was made in the different departments.
- Installation of Solar Power system.
- Purchase of Furniture in Computer Lab.
Click here to view Performance of the institution in one area distinctive to its vision, priority and thrust is education to girls.
Click here to view the best Institutional Practices.